We book individual reservations up to eight weeks in advance. For individual guests, our rates range from $40 to $50 per person per night. The family rate is $135 per family per night for a family of 4 and $25 for each additional family member.
During the months of November and December, our rates are lowered to $35 a night per person in the 10 person dorms and $40 a night per person in the 4 person dorms.
All of our rooms are dormitory style (futher discriptions of our rooms are here). If you are unable to use a top bunk please call to see if we have bottom bunks available in the room you intend to book.
- Which nights will you stay and what day do you plan to leave?
- How many are in your group? How many males and how many females?
- What is your full name, address, and phone number? If you are with an organization, please give its name.
- What is your credit card number and its expiration date? (This is required to hold the reservation.)
- Are you a Quaker and what brings you to Washington? (You do not have to be Quaker to stay here.)
- What time of day do you expect to arrive? (Our office closes at 9 PM and we generally do not accept guests after midnight. Late check-ins must call ahead of time to alert staff.)
Information About Staying at the William Penn House:
- Breakfast is included and served from 8 to 9 in the morning.
- Towels and bedding are provided.
- Smoking and alcohol are not allowed in the house.
- Check-in is from noon to 9pm, but you can arrive any time after 7am and leave your bags downstairs until your rooms are ready or until you return in the evening. There is a $10 late fee for checking in after 9pm and you must make prior arrangements with staff.
- There is a $5 cash key deposit that is returned upon checkout. This opens the front door so guests may come and go as they like.
- Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am, but there is no curfew.
- Check-out is at 10am, but you may leave your bags at the house as long as they are picked up before 9pm the same day.
- There is no guest kitchen or TV; however, a refrigerator, toaster, electic-kettle and microwave are available for use in one of the two common dining rooms on the second floor. An adjacent living room is also open space for guests to enjoy.
- Meeting for Worship is held each morning from 7:30 to 8. You are welcome to join us; otherwise we ask that you be especially quiet during that time and respect the silence of the worshipers
- A guest phone is located in the dining room: the number is (202) 543-3525. We cannot take messages for guests on our office line unless it is an emergency.